All of the fresh snow outside has me in a writing mood so I wanted to post a little about the commission process and how it works…
- I am constantly on the hunt for antique ornate pieces of furniture.
- This includes but is not limited to: Victorian desks, vanities, curios, nightstands, dressers, ornate cedar chests, and the like.
- As I get them, I photograph them as is, take measurements, and place them in the unpainted furniture gallery.
- This is where you come in! If you see an unpainted piece and fall in love, send me a message to discuss details, pricing, and shipping. (Shipping is available to the contiguous US only.)
- If you are looking for a specific type of piece that I don’t currently have, let me know and I will hunt one down for you.
- Pricing is dependent on the piece itself as well as the number of paint colors and style you choose. More colors = more layering / detail work. You can view the shop for prices of past pieces to give you a better idea!
- If you need color suggestions, I LOVE the design process so we can work together! (But often times the piece will tell us what it wants. ?)
- After all of those decisions have been made, I require half up front to get started.
- The time each piece takes varies but usually each is completed within a month.
- During the transformation, we will keep in touch via text or email where I will periodically send photos of the progress and make suggestions as the creative process unfolds.
- Once the piece is finished, I will stage it, photograph it, and name it to bring it to life.
- The final payment is due before the piece is picked up to make it’s journey to your doorstep!
- The shipper will keep in touch with you directly and set up a day and time for delivery. Shipping times are, of course, dependent on distance and range from a few days to a few weeks.
I think that covers it! If I missed anything or if you have any additional questions, please comment and I will respond so that others can see.
? – Nina